return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Pretty hard to say from the photos...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Dumerils Boas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: biophiliacs at Fri May 13 02:00:27 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by biophiliacs ]  

I have looked at the pictures a few times and since I really wasn't sure I didn't want to say anything. Since she is laying on top of her mate in the pictures it is particularly difficult to see what is going on... it creates an artificial bulge. Just a guess here but I'm going with "not pregnant". I look for a couple things once I get into Feb/March to figure out if I have a gravid female or not but the more noticable stuff for me it overall thickening while the female consistantly refuses food. I have had females that will eat for some of that period but most often times they are off feed into that third month after my best guess of an ovulation. I'm probably going to make a trip tommorrow to check on the boas and I have one female that is due towards the end of the month... she's about a six footer and it is somewhat obvious that she has a litter on the way... so I'll take a picture. I do have another female that is a lot larger(in the 8 foot range) that I know ovulated, she went off food but doesn't show as much thickening as she usually does, probably due to the fact she had a litter last year and I expect a small showing... I'll see if she wants to play "take a picture" but I doubt that is going to happen. Here is an older shot of the above mentioned female during pregnancy.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  And here she is a few days later... - biophiliacs, Fri May 13 02:03:19 2011 image in post
>> Next Message:  RE: Pretty hard to say from the photos... - Reesy, Sat May 14 15:43:31 2011 image in post

<< Previous Message:  RE: Does she look gravid? - Reesy, Tue Apr 26 16:24:38 2011 image in post