return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Am I on the kingsnake forum???

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Hybrid Discussion ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: rtdunham at Tue May 24 23:21:12 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by rtdunham ]  

>>Don't mind Doug and a couple others. There is only a handful here that oppose hybrids and it does not reflect what the main stream of herpers think.

I got just the opposite impression from the recent threads. Regardless, I think it's misleading to tell readers who might have just popped in what you'd like to believe, when we don't have data to draw that conclusion. Maybe because you like hybrids you tend to associate with others who do, too, and that makes it seem like the majority think the way you do. The same will be true with those who oppose hybrids. In the absence of some better research, how about if neither side tries to proclaim themselves "in the mainstream"? That may make some hybrid breeders feel better about themselves, but if they genuinely have no doubts about what they do, they don't need a crowd for reassurance. Besides, what really matters is the quality of the arguments pro and con, not the quantity.
>>
>>The ones most fervant against something usually have the biggest agenda. That is also why we have such a screwed up country and laws.

Why take cheap shots at Tea Party people, on a herp forum? They may be so fervent for any number of reasons. Why blame them for the country's problems? And while I'm ranting, I get sorta tired of people who call our country screwed up. It's not perfect, but we have a hell of a lot to be proud of about America.

terry

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  breeding kings with corns - nietzsche, Tue May 24 17:08:16 2011
<< Previous topic:  Spotted Hybrid - BeattyReptiles, Mon May 23 23:24:35 2011