return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Candoia aspera-red

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Candoia (Ground) Boas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: boxienuts at Sat May 28 22:22:21 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by boxienuts ]  

Something different-for me anyway
Picked up this little girl for something new, different, and interesting to try. This is my first post in the boa world, as my main focus is garter snakes, I keep and have kept many other types of snakes and reptiles, and hey most of us are interested in all reptiles right? I have been wanting to try out this species for a while but usually would see wild caughts for sale and was a little hesitant, but finally I thought what the hell I may as well reach out for what I want, so I put out a wanted ad for a CBB red C.aspera, and luckily a guy named Peter responded and had a captive bred and born red female that he was willing to part with to a responsible keeper, you boa guys may know him or maybe he posts here, super nice guy to deal with. I know Dan Eby post's here and has a really nice collection of C.aspera, as I know of Dan from his field herping photos of garter snakes. I had to be super patient though, as I have been waiting to get this girl for a couple months now and so was glad to see her arrive the other day. These guys are commonly called the "viper boa" since they look a lot like a viper, but they are non-venomous and are a ground boa and have live babies like garters and also stay very small like garters only they are heavier bodied, which I'm sure most of you viewers her already know these things, but my point is that because of these features they have a lot of appeal to me personally. The guy that had her, had her eating pinkies, so hopefully she will eat well for me. I won't say attempting breeding is out in the future, just not a high priority right now, but for now I just want to keep her happy and alive. Anyways wish me luck with her.

-----
Jeff Benfer
gartersnakemorph.com

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Candoia aspera-red - daneby, Sun May 29 20:33:01 2011
>> Next Message:  RE: Candoia aspera-red - liljenni, Fri Jun 3 02:53:07 2011 image in post