return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Cuban pissing me off..

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cyclura & Ctenosaura ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: evianjanvier at Fri Jun 17 16:15:28 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by evianjanvier ]  

Well I don't know what your plans are for him or if you enjoy interacting with your pets and would like to have a very tame lizard or just a display animal. I have my cyclura lights come on at 830 and go off at 9. This gives me time later in the day or early evening to interact with him. If his lights went off at 7 he would be going to sleep or getting ready to sleep when I get home and we would never see each other. I would move up his day time to 8 or 9 and have it go off at 8-10 at night. This will make him sleep later and also let you sleep later. If his light comes on at 6:30 then by 8 his body temp is over 100 and he's ready to go. You should also really let him out. How would you feel if you were confined to your bedroom. In my experience from what I have seen spending countless hours just interacting with these animals, they really do want interaction and you form a relationship/bond with them if you do the right things. They become very curious of us and thats when great things start to happen. I have even seen signs of affection coming from my cyclura. Things I may not have seen if I had a pair. But one lone animal with only you to interact with, it's surprising. If you want some tips on taming him send me a pm and I'll give you my # and can tell you things that have worked for me. In a few months of dedication and patience you could have a tame animal. But with a relationship that has no vocal communication your actions are your only communication. You have to carefully build up trust with these animals. You try to grab them or chase them around you are only going backwards in your attempt to earn their trust. The less stress the better. In my opinion relationships with intelligent animals can be one of the purest forms of a relationship. There is are no B.S., sweet nothings, lies, ect, you have no choice but to lay your cards on the table.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Cuban pissing me off.. - Really, Fri Jun 17 22:44:42 2011
>> Next Message:  RE: Cuban pissing me off.. - Gary93, Sat Jun 18 11:10:15 2011

<< Previous Message:  RE: Cuban pissing me off.. - Gary93, Fri Jun 17 00:49:47 2011