return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Since you brought up hypocrisy...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Gray-banded Kingsnakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: ectimaeus at Wed Aug 24 21:45:13 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by ectimaeus ]  

Not exactly sure you know who you are speaking with. First off what non indiginous specie is it that you think I released in my "hill country backyard". To my recolection I have never turned a non native specie loose on my property. I do not live in the hill country. Are you confused? If not, please enlighten me.

Secondly, I will educate you about sexing WDB's. Very few females make it to 5 feet long. Male WDB's will usually have 4 - 5 bands on the tail while females have 2 - 3, and I have never found a female with 4 - 5 bands. Tails are considerably longer and thicker than females. One year at a round up that checks a large amount of the snakes brought in for the TPWD, I visually checked 100 snakes and compared my findings with the people using probes. I was 100% correct while they misidentified several. I showed them how and they tested my observations and proved them right.

Lastly, I am not trying to make myself rightous about this in any way. I am pointing out that all of you that think you are rightous are NOT. You are killing herps, and as I said before at least at the round-ups they chop of their heads in one clean cut. You rightous herpers often allow your captives starve to death, try to keep sick snakes until they die a slow death, and then put them in the garbage. You either make a buck or keep the animals for your own personal kicks. At least the round-up are providing something to a mass number of people.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Since you brought up hypocrisy... - guyergenetics, Thu Aug 25 09:35:00 2011
>> Next Message:  RE: Since you brought up hypocrisy... - aspidites, Thu Aug 25 10:22:10 2011

<< Previous Message:  Since you brought up hypocrisy... - aspidites, Wed Aug 24 15:17:28 2011