return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: I Guess It Is Time

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Gray-banded Kingsnakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: guyergenetics at Fri Aug 26 09:22:47 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by guyergenetics ]  

Your argument is weak sir. Yes, the founding stock for the captive reptile breedingindustry came from the wild as did the founding stock for chickens, dogs, horses, and all other captive animals.

Especially for the more common species, there is a strong gene pool within the captive breeding communtity and really haven't had a need to take from the wild for some time.

You speak as though the majority of animals in pet stores are wild caught and that is not the case.

We are so far removed from the original wild caught founding stock that your argument is pointless.

Does the wild Wolf population suffer because we have dogs?? According to your argument it does.

So, me having a Bloodred Motley Corn Snake affects the wild populations? I don't think so.

But of course, supporting the roundups and trying to justify the genocide does force you to reach pretty far and grasp at straws doesn't it.

I still haven't heard any justification for the stunts pulled at roundups such as holding Rattlers in a person's mouth. I still haven't heard any justification for snakes being put in a freezer for 2 hours and then having their mouth sewn shut. I haven't heard any justification for snakes having their fangs ripped out. And I still haven't heard any justification or reason for the bloody handprints on the wall at Sweetwater.

Truth is, you roundup people are feeling the HEAT aren't you?? What else is this thread but an act of desperation on your part?? Why else would you try to justify rattlesnake roundups on a REPTILE FORUM??????

Fact is, the movement AGAINST the roundups is GAINING support and momentum. Roundup attendance is declining, and you are running out of snakes to slaughter. Looks like a pretty dim future for the roundups to me. The roundups are in their last days. In 5-10 years there won't be any more roundups.

Also seeing as how you think that all captive bred reptiles are doomed to die in captivity, why don't you take YOUR snakes to the next roundup??? Seeing as how it's not just Rattlesnakes in the pit anymore...Other species have been filmed so don't even try to argue.

Basically with the videos and photos out there of what happens at the roundups, the cat is out of the bag!!!! People are learing what happens and a LOT of people are MAD!!!!

BTW...ever hear about the no-kill roundups in Pennyslyvania? A limit of ONE snake per hunter and then the snakes are pit tagged and released at the location they were found. Any reason why you folks in Texas can't do the same thing? Or do you just get off chopping snakes heads off and putting bloody handprints on walls?? I'm sure that having power over a Rattler makes you feel big and bad.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: I Guess It Is Time - ectimaeus, Fri Aug 26 07:33:14 2011