return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: I Guess It Is Time

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Gray-banded Kingsnakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: aspidites at Fri Aug 26 16:27:18 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by aspidites ]  

HA! Again you try to deflect by calling names. Because you cannot separate any of these arguments and keep spouting your roundup party line, let me AGAIN show you that your comparisons have a false premise. If captive bred animals are bred with the purpose of creating pet snakes resulting in a concomitant reduction in the need to take animals from the wild then it is indeed ridiculous to condone the killing of these animals. If however, these animals are bred with the express purpose of killing them for food or boots, etc., then there is nothing wrong with that. You on the other hand are contributing to the needless slaughter of many wild animals which were NOT produced for the purpose for which you are using them. They were not farmed or grown to be slaughtered. If you want to do that willy-nilly then raise and breed your own rather than use the rest which belong to mankind for that purpose. Your pathetic example of a litter of puppies starving to death has no merit because they were not bred to be slaughtered at the first annual Sweetwater Jaycees pet dog roundup.

I do believe you are right that many people did get your point - the point being that you are trying to defend the indefensible position. You should own up to it rather than trying to point the finget at other 'hypocrites.'

And I do believe that you are running because you aren't really admitting to what you are saying and probably feel that your whole intention backfired a little. You really are barking up the wrong tree if you thought that your backwater practices were going to get support on a somewhat naturalist type of forum.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: I Guess It Is Time - ectimaeus, Fri Aug 26 16:09:22 2011