return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Grandma's first Scout clutch

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Gray-banded Kingsnakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: rpelaez at Sun Sep 11 19:47:31 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by rpelaez ]  

Grandma is what I affectionately call a seventeen year old female alterna - Boy Scout Rd locale. She resided in the collection of Ric Blair and was acquired by Russ Cormack as Ric was blowing out his collection. Russ sent her to me to pair up my wc male. I immediately posted pics of her seeking lineage information because Ric didn’t have a clue how she ended up in his collection. All he knew is what the piece of tape said on her enclosure, “ Boy Scout Rd ”. A strong lead was provided by Norm Nunley, who claimed that Grandma was collected by Rainer Fesser sometime in the mid 90’s. I think I may have posted this information along with her pics looking for someone to corroborate it. In any event, Grandma laid her first clutch of five eggs for me this year. When I tried to list her along with another wc female for Boy Scout Rd that also laid five eggs, Joe said nope, not Grandma, she needed more documentation, so I began a panicked search for Rainer Fesser. I was able to contact Fesser with the aid of another European and a forum that Fesser frequented called Venomland.com. Anyway, Fesser talked about the canyon at the end of Boy Scout Rd like it was yesterday, but he did not collect that snake or any other alterna from Boy Scout Rd. The only other lead I received at the time (from Joe Forks) was Gerard Salmon, which I thought was weak because Norm sounded so sure of Fesser. Long story short, I was able to contact Gerry a few months ago, and he identified Grandma as one of his F1’s from a clutch in 1994. He had sold a pair from this clutch to Ric Blair that included Grandma. Gerry was able to provide me with all the necessary documentation of her wc parents. Here is the first clutch of her 2011 offspring, followed by pics of Grandma and my wc male.

Robert

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  IRRITATED - ectimaeus, Tue Sep 13 10:30:14 2011
<< Previous topic:  Hello.... - Tony D, Sun Sep 11 19:35:25 2011