return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Solomon Islands Skink

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Skinks ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: amarinello489 at Thu Sep 29 14:24:52 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by amarinello489 ]  

I have acquired an adult monkey tailed skink recently. He is old i believe they said at least twenty, he was given away because the elderly lady could no longer care for him since her daughters passing. Im pretty sure theyve had him his whole life and was given to me in a made reptile tank about 30 gal high, with side vents and a glass top.
Anyway hes been in my care for at least a couple of months now, i tossed the top got a screen, setup the proper lighting finally and tried my best to work with what i had (im only nineteen and dont have a lot of money to work with).
i also rearranged and cleaned the moldy grapevine he was housed with and got him some nice thick horizontal basking branches and a nice cork bark hide.

if anyone has tips for the general care of him please let me know! but my real topic is a new house for him.

i just cleaned out my boiler room and put together my old ferret kingdom cage, which if anyone is familiar with either, seems to be the same as the iguana kingdom, both made by superpet. Pretty much im asking for opinions on this cage with my monkey tail. it seems like a great idea much vertical room, decent side to side movement as well. the only obvious part i see being a problem is humidity and heat which i will be modifying the cage with plexiglass in an attempt to keep the moisture and heat in. Has anyone used this cage with any arboreal lizards such as iguanas? or even a monkey tailed skink? any and all help is appreciated!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Solomon Islands Skink - scott_alexander, Thu Oct 27 11:33:00 2011
>> Next Message:  RE: Solomon Islands Skink - OliveJewel, Thu Oct 27 23:06:16 2011