return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Comparing Color Changes

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Iguanas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Really at Wed Nov 9 08:13:56 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Really ]  

I'm always sending my friend who works with wild igs pics of Taz with every little worry I have. She suggested that I keep track of his color changes related to humidity, temperature, hydration, etc. I don't know how many of you out there have color morphs, but I would really appreciate it if some of you with greens around the same age (six months old -- but I want this to be a longitudinal study) would do the same. If your iggy gets frightened by something and gets stress lines, try to snap a picture and journal what it looks like and if you happen to get a picture when your ig is soaking as compared when it is dry, etc. Obviously I wouldn't want you to do anything to make your iggy uncomfortable but perhaps some of you might have pictures from early on, back in the days when so many of us make mistakes with our first iguanas. And also, sometimes things just happen like the other day when something (I still don't know what) spooked Tazumal.

I would really like to start a data base of pictures of all of the morphs too. I don't know anyone with an albino, but I know that some of you have reds. There is so little out there of what is "normal" for the morphs that it would really be helpful to future keepers of these morphs to keep a start a data base. Regardless of how you might feel about the morphs, these animals exist and it's just as important for those keeping them to have good information as anyone doing a rescue.

And, since I'm looking for a project to help me with my pseudo empty nest syndrome, I could do this if I get enough information. (It's pseudo empty nest because E is still living at home but she is in college and not home a lot. Since we homeschooled I was with her 24/7 and this is a big adjustment). I'm going to post this on the other iggy lists too.

Maybe people who are interested in participating to PM me and then I could send any of you my email address so you can send me notes and pictures?

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

• You Are HereComparing Color Changes - Really, Wed Nov 9 08:13:56 2011

>> Next topic:  Looking for iguana blood donors - girlzilla, Wed Nov 9 13:13:39 2011
<< Previous topic:  Tazumal on a sunny day - Really, Sat Nov 5 13:02:02 2011