at Tue Nov 15 19:07:15 2011 [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Boost ]
Welcome to the boards and yes Collared's have plenty of personality and are natural entertainers. With the proper handling in a safe and secure are, away from cats, dogs, and other pets the collared's do become handle friendly. There are a few things that you have to research, such as housing, diet, heat/light, habitat substrate. I'll provide some insights but our resident Collared Lizard Whisperer, Eve, does lurk on these boards, she is very knowledgeable.
1. Cannot put two male lizards in the same cage, they are/can be territorial.
2. Starter cage would be 20 gallons and when they become adults move to a 40 gallon.
3. Diet consists of crickets, certain cockroaches, superworms, those that live over in Europe can feed them locusts. Water bowl is recommended.
4. Will need a heat and UVA/UVB lightsource.
5. Substrate, many have used clean/sifted play sand but some have moved over to critter carpet or tiles.
Other's I'm sure will post and add their thoughts.
[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]
- Collared personalities - rrubberbandman, Tue Nov 15 11:26:21 2011
- RE: Collared personalities - Boost, Tue Nov 15 19:07:15 2011
- RE: AWESOME - Eve, Wed Nov 16 15:32:17 2011