return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

Leopard Tort set up

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Tortoises ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: exoticball at Tue Nov 15 19:07:56 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by exoticball ]  

Ok, I apologize if some people find it annoying that I am starting a new thread it is just that other one is getting long so please don't be upset about this... I really want your input because as stated already I find it rather hard to find good sources of information on health and treatments of leopard torts... I really wish I could find some great books on them but I really don't know where to look.

So here are some pictures of my set up, under the heat lamp side there is also and UTH pad built into the cage... there is a plexi glass separating the heat pad from the encloser that you can not see under the mulch. The room temp is right around 77 degrees and there is a ceiling fan that runs in this room 24-7 so it is not 77 degrees in the room and 60 on the floor. I also attached a picture of our other tort, she is the one that was housed with the other. The picture of the wood block looking thing is a 15x15 corner that the larger tort can not get into but the little one could. Since I have last posted we set the small tort up in a 10 gal with uth and light of its own and a hide. It is also set up on a shelf so it is maybe 1 or 2 degrees warmer.

Also I know that a handful of people posted that they see medical issues with my animals... what are you looking at so I have a better idea how to diagnose and what should I be doing for treatment? I know these animals have a long life expectancy and I really would like to know how to get educated on how to keep them for the next 50 years.

Thanks for any input,
Matt

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]