return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

letter to Ms. Bischoff

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Herp Law Center & Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: mpollard at Tue Dec 13 07:13:00 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by mpollard ]  

Dear Ms. Bischoff,

I just read your article in the Dayton Daily News, and had a couple of comments I'd like to share with you.

In your article you wrote: " The administration received just 20 emails and letters from opponents of stricter regulations, saying they didn’t want to lose their animals." I believe the opposition number is understated, and not all of us that oppose the ban even own animals on the "hit-list" to lose. Many of us are just disappointed that this administration would so glibly forfeit Ohioans liberties and forsake his commitment to include "all stakeholders" in his solution, in lieu of political expediency and succumbing to the pressure of the out-of-state Animal Rights special interests, the Humane Society of the United States. Speaking of the HSUS, how is it that they can defraud so many people out of so much money, lobby to effect policy and the political process in direct violation of their IRS tax-exempt status, and spread so much misinformation and propaganda with impunity? How is this not the story that you actually SHOULD be reporting? The HSUS in NOT the organization most people believe it to be! It is an Animal Rights (as opposed to Animal Welfare) organization that has the stated objectives of ending all animal/human interaction, with pets and agriculture at the top of the list in Ohio. Read it in their own words!

When asked if he envisioned a future without pets, “If I had my personal view, perhaps that might take hold. In fact, I don’t want to see another dog or cat born.” ----Wayne Pacelle quoted in Bloodties: Nature, Culture and the Hunt by Ted Kerasote, 1993, p. 266.

“I don’t have a hands-on fondness for animals…To this day I don’t feel bonded to any non-human animal. I like them and I pet them and I’m kind to them, but there’s no special bond between me and other animals.” ---Wayne Pacelle quoted in Bloodties: Nature, Culture and the Hunt by Ted Kerasote, 1993, p. 251.

“ One generation and out. We have no problem with the extinction of domestic animals.” ---Wayne Pacelle, quoted in Animal People, May, 1993

“My goal is the abolition of all animal agriculture." ---JP Goodwin, employed at the Humane Society of the US, formerly at Coalition to Abolish the Fur Trade, as quoted on AR-Views, an animal rights Internet discussion group in 1996.

Also, have you seen Senator Moran's speech from the Senate Floor about the HSUS?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nodVyu0vIRk

Or any of these sites, there's tons of them…

activistcash.com/organization_overview.cfm/o/136-humane-society-of-the-united-states

www.pet-law.com/

humanewatch.org/

There is way too much smoke for their not to be a fire of some sort... How can the deceit and deception that IS the HSUS not be your story?

Please, don't take my word for it, do more research.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Mark Pollard

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: letter to Ms. Bischoff - Aaron, Sat Dec 17 21:00:02 2011

<< Previous Message:  exotic animal reforms - Ohio - mpollard, Mon Dec 12 12:28:12 2011