return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
$50 banner pool - click here

RE: FR, seriously...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Monitors ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FR at Sun Dec 18 10:01:50 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FR ]  

Sorry for you attitude, but from experience, as I mentioned, many savs like yours have been posted here in the past. And they turned dark, maybe not as dark as a normal, but close enough to not be called hypos.

I also said, I hope yours keeps those colors and it could. But you ignore me saying that part.

Also the twenty inch female statement is directly from Daniel Bennetts field work and what is SEEN in captivity. I do not keep Savs.

Most people are not prepared for that to occur and as such lose their females. For you to understand that they can and do cycle at that size is a benefit to you, so you can be prepared.

Also I could give a flying crap how people keep their animals, After all, its their animals, But I do offer methods that have proven to support life events such as growth, pairing, nesting, reproduction and longevity. You know, based on successful personal(my)experience.

The most important advice I offer is, "listen to the animal" and not people, which includes me.

I do wish one day one of those folks you talk about that do things differently, would post their successes, that way, I could learn a thing or two. But sadly, so far, those that do things differently have not have levels of success that even got close to what our lucky monitors have achieved. or any success other then keeping their monitor alive for a year or two.

I have never said, our methods are best, all I have said is, our results seem to be consistant and allow superior life events in captivity. That is, superior growth, reproduction and longevity. You know, express good results.

With that in mind, why on gods earth would I recomend "other" methods, that have not shown results????? What am I suppose to do, tell you folks something I have no results from??? I know, that is common in the varanid world.(captivity)

Lastly, you can do anything you want, so why on friggin earth does what I say bother you????? That is a question you have to answer.

Next lastly, I said over and over, I hope your Sav stays that way. But history is against that, which does not mean YOUR SAV WILL TURN DARK. It only means, SO FAR, they all have turned dark. I am not predicting what will happen to yours, I just am offering what has happened already.

ALso, that trait is most likely like some of the ball python traits, its not a pure recessive, which means line breeding can express that trait stronger and stronger. To a point that the adults may not turn dark.

The point here is, your going to have to take that savs genes to several generations. With your attitude, good luck with that, I hope your friends can help you.

So get your bum to work and find mates and do your thing brother. Surely I am not doing it for you. Good luck, and Cheers

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: FR, seriously... - masonmonitors, Sun Dec 18 19:56:47 2011

<< Previous Message:  RE: FR, seriously... - Gregg_M_Madden, Sat Dec 17 18:28:06 2011 image in post