return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Leo total newbie

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Leopard Geckos ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: TBL at Tue Dec 27 14:23:30 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by TBL ]  

Contiued (1) Danny

You don't use sand for any aged gecko, including adults.

Substrate - I use newspaper and then papertowels on top of that, because my reptile vet. said that is the best too use to help keep parasites form breeding. But if you use that soft grass, you will need to make sure that you can still get enough heat from your under the tank heat source. In the warm end, it will need to be between 80 to 85 degrees, and the cool end to be at the mid seventy's.

Too save money I use a cool whip tub with the lid on it, and then I will turn it upside down and cut a hole in it a little way's up, put perlite in it and then moisten it with water but not to the point of soaking it. Lid upside down to make it easier when you clean it out, all you have to do is pull the lid off. You could also use other palstic containers that have blue or red lid to make it look nicer.

Continued on (3)

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Leo total newbie - dtejeda_Arias, Sun Dec 25 23:46:16 2011