return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Leo total newbie

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Leopard Geckos ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: TBL at Tue Dec 27 14:43:19 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by TBL ]  

Hi Danny (continued 3)

Check moistness in hide every couple of days to make sure you don't need to add more water. I have discovered that sometimes I will find two geckos in one moist hide together. You decide whether you want one or two if three geckos. I would add a couple of rocks of which you can get color one (not smooth) too the tank so that they can rub on it if neccesary to help get there shed off, they will also eat there own shed of which is normal.

Yes,the 1.2 ratio of geckos is good. You don't want to put two males in one tank ever. They will fight, and sometimes to the death.

You will need a water bowl for them, you will also need a dry hide in the warm end of the tank, the moist hide will go in the warm end, if room you could consider getting two hides, your choice depending on space. Some people say to put a dry hide in the cool end of the tank as well, but I don't.

Food - You will need too put calcium powder on there food, it is so fine that it will coat the food. I use Rep-cal Phosphorus-Free Calcium with Vit.D, Ultrafine Powder. The Vet. had also said that you should use straight Calcium ultra fine. For example - I will have the crickets in the bag, put some calcium in the bag, close it and then shake the bag and it will coat them nicely. I will also put a regular medician cap of calcium in the tank, so that way if they need more they can lick it, and yes, I have seen my geckos licking it.

They don't need things to climb on that leave the ground, because they are ground dwellers.

Anymore questions, ask

Take Care

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Leo total newbie - dtejeda_Arias, Sun Dec 25 23:46:16 2011