return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: LEWISI HYBRID AVAILABILITY

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cyclura & Ctenosaura ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: drsam at Mon Jan 2 20:06:30 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by drsam ]  

I couldn’t agree more with Ty. Honesty is probably the most important component in buying a Lewisi.
It’s difficult to project in the future ultimately what that hatchling will look like some day.
But you have to be assured that at least you are truly getting a hatchling of the parent that is represented.
I have dealt with Tom along time and I have always found him honest.
I know TY and Manny and their reputations are at the top.

Like Ty said, there are differences between animals in shade of blue and how deep the color is, I see difference every year between clutch mates.
And Like Ty says, sometimes the Bluest parents do not have the bluest hatchlings.

But we all do it, we buy what we perceive are the best looking parents.
Color, Striping, body, size and head shape are all elements but first comes the breeders integrity.

Again I am going to agree with Ty, I have seen and bought animals that were dirt cheap and felt they were an outstanding animal, so price does not dictate quality.
One last thing, don’t give up on your animals to early; I have seen animals really change after a few years.
The time of the year, how hot they are and where they are in their shade all play a significant role in what that animal looks like.

Sam Pascucci
FITB

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: LEWISI HYBRID AVAILABILITY - Paradon, Mon Jan 2 21:12:43 2012

<< Previous Message:  RE: LEWISI HYBRID AVAILABILITY - typherp, Sat Dec 31 15:19:37 2011