return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: bad behaviour

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Herp Law Center & Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: mpollard at Wed Jan 25 07:48:21 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by mpollard ]  

For me, this isn't about Andrew, USARK, or even burms, af-rocks and condas. It's about the bad behavior we have all witnessed from factions from within our government. It’s about being fed up and angry that they can, and do, operate with such disregard for ethics.

Personally, I support several organizations that are "engaged" in the various "fights", some national, and some local. I don't agree with any of them 100% of the time, nor do I agree with 100% of their views/actions, but that is to be expected. Just so you know, in addition to USARK, I am also a member of PIJAC, OAAO, and ZAA. In reading some of your other posts, you seem to be really anti-Andrew/USARK, and very pro-PIJAC. I’m not sure what that’s all about, but I guess it’s a “need-to-know” situation, and I don’t need to know…

To be honest, based solely on my affiliation with both organizations, I can't say that I have witnessed activity from PIJAC that warrants so much praise. I agree that they have longevity and more legal power on staff, compared to USARK, but for reptile related activities/issues, I am not aware of anything they have done recently to be impressed with. To be fair, they do not consult with me, nor inform me of their activity, so they could be doing something … I am only saying that I am completely unaware, if they are.

I also want to be clear that I do support a USARK vs. PIJAC show-down. I don’t think it has to be “either-or”. I think each have their place, and if they could forge a serious relationship as allies, cooperating, collaborating and working in unison, they could be incredibly effective.

Mark

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: bad behaviour - mpollard, Wed Jan 25 07:50:15 2012

<< Previous Message:  RE: bad behaviour - Hugh_Jass, Tue Jan 24 22:06:09 2012