return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

Response....

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Tree Boas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: joshhutto at Sun Jan 29 21:59:39 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by joshhutto ]  

I will try to respond to several points brought up in this thread. First about the animal being an actual leucistic. I have stared at the original lucy more than anyone (even more than Chris) and the only color and pattern that can be seen is the underlying organs that you can see through the skin. It is pure white. Now as far even if it did have some pattern that itself would not make it not a leucistic. The scientific definition of the leucism trait is the reduction of all layers of color completely or in part of the display animal. It does not specify deletion of all color just the reduction and furthermore it does not have to be completely reduced. The perfect example of this would be the piebald gene, it is a form of incomplete leucism. Also to tie this trait into other reptiles, look at the lucy retics, burms, and ball pythons. None of them are solid white with no trace of pattern and are accepted as leucistics in the reptile world. Another point brought up is that Chris and Sheila should be coming on here and posting their own stuff and updating us with all they have going on. I agree, and disagree. First they run a large breeding operation working with animals from pink bellied side-neck turtles to alligators all with only 1 other employee. They wake up at 7am and are lucky to be done with their animals by 9pm. During boa and ball python breeding/baby season add another 2-3 hours to that total easily. They devote their time to their animals and what very little spare time they have, they try to spend it with each other, sleeping and rarely with their friends (I have to make appointments it seems to even talk on the phone, lol). Even Chris would like to spend more time on here (but he doesn't have the time and isn't the most computer literate, lol) and that is why he gets pics to me and lets me put the info out here for you all. I am thankful that Chris allows me to post the pics and info for everyone, but I guess I am in the vast minority.
-----
Josh & Krysty Hutto

Various Ball Pythons, boas, dogs, cats, fish, a couple sulcatas and a few other odds and ends.

a BAD dog is MADE not bred, support the American Pit Bull Terrier as the greatest breed of dogs on Earth!!!!!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  albino ETB price and other questions - CosmoEclipse, Sun Feb 5 01:26:47 2012
<< Previous topic:  ETB Shed Cycle - crazycatpeekin, Thu Jan 19 15:43:03 2012