return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: albino ETB price and other questions

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Tree Boas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: bluediamondjason at Tue Feb 7 22:11:15 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by bluediamondjason ]  

Sweet heavens my friend, you may be the first and only person ever to see an albino emerald tree boa even if it was deceased. I am GREEN or WHITE with ENVY right now as I am sure everyone else is! Definitely looks like an albino to me and you said it had pink eyes, that is a GOOD sign! I agree with Josh, oh don't get me wrong, I would definitely make you an offer on the parents but you really should hang on tight to them and the juvenile, if you can get a living albino, I couldnt even dream of what you could sell it for! Honestly, you should get in touch with Rico at signalherp (DOT) com or Steve Volk at amazonbasins (DOT) com, they are both extremely well known for the best of the best in the emerald world.

About your mother snake being snappy, have you changed the branches and scrubbed down the tank, if she can smell babies, she might be snappy about that, or since it takes an etb so long to recover after birth maybe she is just very hungry, as long as she poops after every 2nd meal (that is important and definitely no more than 3 meals without a poop) , you could probably give her a rat pup every 10 days for month or so and see if that helps with her attitude. And the only other thing I could think of is that you probably didn't mess with her much once you saw she was gravid, (pregnant), so she may just need to get used to you again. I got a patternless etb that was wickedly aggressive at first and I left her alone for a while and then when she stopped acting upset when I opened her enclosure I gently touched her just a few seconds to get her used to me, a few months later I was able to handle her and she hasn't snapped since.
I think its safe to assume that your baby etb will stay calm as long as you don't decrease the frequency that you handle him and if you do decide to let your child hold him, I would wait till it was a warm sunny day and have her sit down and gently hold him (maybe even on his perch or a branch) while you supervise. Tell your child not to put her hand in front of the snakes face and not to make sudden movements.

Definitely keep us all posted, so excited for you and Thank you for sharing this awesome discovery!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: albino ETB price and other questions - Rico Walder, Wed Feb 8 09:26:26 2012

<< Previous Message:  albino ETB price and other questions - CosmoEclipse, Sun Feb 5 01:26:47 2012 *HOT TOPIC*