return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

a few things

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Mountain Kingsnakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: PHFaust at Sat Feb 25 12:25:52 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by PHFaust ]  

I have been keeping track of this thread. I have no clue who the breeder may have been but I noticed that prior to the breakdown in communication, you mentioned the breeder offered to take the snakes back. I assume that included in that was also a refund. This is obviously a sign of a breeder who is communicating. While you may hold a grudge, this breeder does appear, from those statements alone to wish to work with you and help you.

I also notice mention of them improving. Stress can be an AMAZING thing. I have seen numerous animals show up on my doorstep as rescues and they go through some rough first few months. I have seen weekly sheds by snakes that is mindboggling, but that I attribute to being a stress related to the change.

I am gathering many of you may know who originally bred the snakes and are jumping the bandwagon on the attacks. I personally have no clue who this breeder is, but all the bandwagon jumping will stop.

I would venture to say stress may be a major contributing factor to what is going on. While I cant find much on Zonata disease, I have heard that there are neuro issues related to it as well. From what little I know about this group of snakes, they are somewhat more easily stressed and tend to dehydrate easy.

If the condition continues to improve, I would assume personally that it is related to the stress of change and not something the breeder has in their collection. However I will also say the secretive attacks on a breeder will not last here. You all know how I and kingsnake feel on personal attacks.
-----
Cindy Steinle
PHFaust
Visit kingsnake on Facebook!
Follow Kingsnake on Twitter!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: a few things - Paul Lynum, Sat Feb 25 13:20:26 2012
>> Next Message:  Dear Cindy - StuTennyson, Sun Feb 26 11:34:05 2012

<< Previous Message:  Zonata Skin Problem - StuTennyson, Sun Feb 5 07:43:41 2012 image in post