return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: a few things

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Mountain Kingsnakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: zonatahunt at Sat Feb 25 18:35:59 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by zonatahunt ]  

Cindy,

I have made three posts on this whole thread, and all three have adressed only the topic at hand - the health of the animals and the very realistic responsibilty issue as well. After my last post I just sat back and watched things unravel. However, I'm taking great issue with a couple comments made in your above posts. First, you just made reference to the original poster, Stu, basically throwing a fit on this forum. How is that even remotely close to what has happened here? Stu has continually asked how to handle things health-wise with hus purchased sick snakes, and also has shared with this COMMUNITY the tragic lack of responsibility the seller has taken with respect to $3100 of unhealthy and possibly virus-riddeled snakes. He has yet to call names, nor at any moment disclose the identity of the seller (and yes, ALL of us know who it is, as well as you should too...seeing as how you've been cleaning up posts associated with him for years now). I believe Stu has shown a great deal of restraint and professionalism here considering how much money he is out, the threat to his current colony because of the possibility of a pathogen being sent to him, and the utter lack of respect (and unprofessional rude emails) shown to him by the seller with respect to problem resolution. To even insinuate that Stu has thrown a fit on the forum is simply unfair, and it also gives credence to the claims of others that bias from you towards the breeder is in fact legitimate. Whether this is true or not, I don't care, I'm simply stating how your comment towards Stu's 'fit' is probably being seen by our community.

Second, you mention that you work with pythons and know little of zonata. If this is the case, then how are you even qualified to come across so resolute that it's probably stress and not the fault of the breeder. You admitted yourself that you are inexperienced with zonata, so trying to explain to us that a well-known disorder that has historically been...

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  question on temps - grnpyro, Sat Feb 18 07:17:56 2012
<< Previous topic:  Which ssp of zonata - markg, Mon Jan 9 13:46:56 2012