return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: I believe it's time for change - 2

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Mountain Kingsnakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: zonatahunt at Mon Feb 27 02:05:18 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by zonatahunt ]  

...identify the source. It is imperative in such a situation to know where the disease originated from so that further outbreaks can be managed or stopped outright. You, myself, and everyone else reading this knows that whenever a case of mad cow disease is mad public, the local health authorities always identify the source of the infection. They don't identify the source to publicly humiliate or to draw ridicule their way, but instead they identify the source of the outbreak so that others that have visited the eatery can be made aware that they might have been exposed to a deadly prion that reduces you to a quivering bag of ugly water (a reference that some might enjoy!). I argue here, and I believe that I'm speaking for the majority of people that frequent this forum, that the identification of any breeder that is selling, trading, or gifting snakes with a possible pathogen that could wipe out our entire colony, is critical to halt the spread of such a disease. Imagine if those who govern our society choose to not disclose similar information to us...those agencies would be condemned and everyone would call for their heads on a stick (a little gruesome, but I think you can appreciate my flare for the dramatic...because if you have children, and one of them died because of an illness, and an agency with knowledge had not disclosed information that could have saved your child's life...all because they didn't want the feelings of the source to be hurt...well, you'd want blood...as would all of us). It is imperative that we as a society share information that betters the health of everyone involved. Within our society we absolutely and always share information of probable and possible sources of a disease, as that's what prosperous and advanced societies do - we realize that sick and diseased societies should be avoided whenever possible. Why should we treat our reptile collections any different? Many of us dedicate more time to our animals than we do...

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: I believe it's time for change - 3 - zonatahunt, Mon Feb 27 02:19:53 2012
>> Next Message:  Terms of Service - Clarification - PHFaust, Mon Feb 27 23:09:09 2012

<< Previous Message:  I believe it's time for change - Part 1 - zonatahunt, Mon Feb 27 01:52:48 2012