return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
$50 banner pool - click here

Varanus cummingi Have Arrived!!!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Monitors ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: JPLReptiles at Sat Feb 11 14:31:26 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by JPLReptiles ]  

These are c.b.b. animals and I obtained 100% legal cites in order to import them. Re-Export in the future given I have success with them will be of no issue!!! There are a good amount of hides at this time, I may still end up putting some more in place.

Below I'll post a pic of the final enclosure. Still have some things I want to do but the funds have run out so this is it for awhile. Total cost of enclosure comes out to between $1,500-2,000. I wish I would of kept track of the exact cost. My larger proven (laid an infertile clutch, not housed with the male at that time) is the calmest of the 3. I was able to scratch her chin while she had a belly full of rats, mice, and fish. The other female has been the most secretive, I have only seen her once and don't know if she has had a feed yet. The male also gobbled up some grub but he is still very nervous. I opened the door to take some pics and he puffed up, curled his tail and gave me an impressive threat display before he took off to hide. I have done alot of work while the animals were in the enclosure. Alot of loud noises (chain saw - out side of enclosure but close by, screw gun, moving things around) surely have not helped with getting them accustomed to their new enclosure. I am now done and will leave them alone completely for 2-3 weeks except for cleaning and feeding. I have pics of the larger female I will post as well. She is in shed in the pics. All three animals have very impressive orange and peach colors blending with their yellow. I'm in heaven guys, I have no wish to work with anything else at the present time!!!

-----
John Light
JPLReptiles@gmail.com
(954) 903-8061

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Varanus cummingi Have Arrived!!! - murrindindi, Sat Feb 11 16:40:09 2012
>> Next Message:  RE: Varanus cummingi Have Arrived!!! - Gregg_M_Madden, Mon Feb 13 07:12:50 2012
>> Next Message:  RE: Varanus cummingi Have Arrived!!! - Gatorhunter, Tue Feb 14 17:04:01 2012