return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

OT: Petco Blue iguana follow-up

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cyclura & Ctenosaura ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Really at Mon Apr 30 12:52:37 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Really ]  

As many of you know, last June 5, I purchases two of the aqua blue phase green iguanas the day after they arrived at our local Petco. Though they arrived with some health issues, Petco stood by their health guarantee and contributed more money than I spent on the animals towards their following vet bills (though I went on to spend quite a bit more later). Nevertheless, despite the work of two excellent vets, one of those little iguanas, Arwen, passed away on September 18, 2011.

The other, Tazumal, recovered fully and is doing quite well. He has grown in the nearly eleven months I've had him from about 20 grams and a length of 3.25 inches SVL and 12.5 inches STL to 192 grams and 6.75 inches SVL and 23 inches (he did break off the tip of his tail about six months ago so he would be around 24 or 25 inches. Since he was estimated to between five and seven weeks old when I got him, he turned a year old some time between April 15th and today. Starting in December he developed a yellowish-brown color to his dewlap, but shows no trace of any green color anywhere on his body.

Here are his most recent pictures, taken this morning:

Here is his stunningly blue belly:

A close up of his head reveals bits of royal blue.

He has a good temperament and enjoys car rides

And riding around on my shoulder

Finally, here are a couple of baby pictures from the first month or so, as a reminder of how he looked last summer.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Desert Iguanas - lujuana, Thu May 10 02:03:08 2012
<< Previous topic:  Sebastian's first anniversary - Really, Sat Apr 28 21:38:48 2012