return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Not too sure about that

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Mountain Kingsnakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: jeph at Thu Jul 19 18:48:21 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by jeph ]  

The animals Ric had also came from Terry-(which are the BHB animals). I'm too lazy right now to do a search on the forums. We used to have a website up dedicated to pyros where we had articles written up on each of the pyro morphs. It was from non locale generic hobby pyros that the albinos popped out of. The cool thing was in that same clutch, a hypo was in there. It is the same thing as the anery and hypo Black Gap alterna, where both morphs came from the same line-(pair). They are pure, one of the most logical reasons for people to notice they are pure is there was NEVER any hypo ruthevni. Terry got some of the first animals Brian let go of way back when. The cool part about the albino and hypo gene coming from the same strain is it was easy to get the double homo-(hybino) the snake showing both albino and hypo at the same time. I believe it was 2010 or '09 when I hatched the first 100% known hybino. All in all a pretty cool project. I don't have nearly the numbers of morph pyros as I did-(my collection is pretty much all 100% locale animals) but I do have a few morphs left. My plan now is to work towards producing some double hets for applegate/hypoE-(have some adults already) hypoE/albino, sentz hypo/hypoE, all of those will be produced next year too.
Jeff

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  interesting.... - johnnic, Thu Jul 19 20:17:10 2012
>> Next Message:  RE: Not too sure about that - Jlassiter, Fri Jul 27 12:11:58 2012

<< Previous Message:  RE: Not too sure about that - johnnic, Thu Jul 12 23:19:11 2012