return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Found 3 eggs this week

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Box Turtles ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: boxienuts at Sun Jul 15 22:09:21 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by boxienuts ]  

Finally found some eggs this year. Had to move the box turtles to a different pen due to having our roof re-shingled. When I was digging around for box turtles in the compost pile I found a nest of 3 eggs. I was affraid that their would be no eggs this year due to the fact that I had some racoons come and eat all my goldfish, killed some wild frogs, and ate 5 diamondback terrapins that I had in the pen with the boxies and I figured they may have eaten any box turtle eggs too. I know it was racoons because my wife saw them at 5:30am when she was leaving for work and chased them out. Luckily the box turtles weren't touched by the racoons, they are all fine. The day after the night the racoons did all that damage I set a live trap and the next two nights caught two racoons and relocated them down by the river several miles away and then I hooked up my electric fence. I was hoping I wouldn't have to use the electric fence this year because I hate getting accidently shocked several times per year.
-----
Jeff Benfer
gartersnakemorph.com

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Box Turtle Hibernation Q - keego73, Mon Jul 16 13:01:28 2012
<< Previous topic:  Getting Outdoor turtles to come eat??? - lizardsandspice, Tue Jul 10 18:57:42 2012