return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
$50 banner pool - click here

RE: On feeding crayfish/crawdads

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Monitors ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: tectovaranus at Mon Jul 30 19:00:06 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by tectovaranus ]  

There's nothing personal, just being my usual irascible self
Yes, niles. I know, I shared my experience with dums and shellfish as an example of a species that shellfish has worked well with.
You stated that my opinion was wrong and that rodents were a superior food source and implied that shellfish are less than adequate and unproven, I called you on that B.S.
I actually have done the research Fr, years of it, back and forth with rodents and shellfish over generations, that's how I came to my conclusions, you know actual hands on experience. You want to tell me that your theory trumps my experience, again I call B.S
I don't need to test it anymore, I have the results.
My thoughts are that a shellfish staple would work great for Niles, waters and several other medium to large species and would like to see others results. We have the results of niles and waters kept on a rodent diet, both with adequate and inadequate husbandry, lets see what the results are for shellfish.My guess is that shellfish could be proven out to be a far better choice.
Your comment on dums, crawfish and prey item value shows you have no ability to absorb or comprehend information Frank.
Local crawfish have nothing to do with this conversation, the value of the prey does, again you are unable to grasp this concept or answer a question. Do you have any evidence of anyone anywhere breeding this species (or niles) to generations on rodents? What do you think shellfish lack as a staple? What evidence do you have that rodents are superior to shellfish for these species?
You want some dums, fine, come over and get them, I've thrown hundreds of eggs in the trash for the last few years and will never again sell monitors to the public, but I have a gravid female now, I'll incubate the clutch and you can have as many as you'd like. I have no problem putting my money where my mouth is do you?
Ben

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: On feeding crayfish/crawdads - Paradon, Mon Jul 30 20:18:49 2012
>> Next Message:  RE: On feeding crayfish/crawdads - FR, Mon Jul 30 20:49:13 2012
>> Next Message:  RE: On feeding crayfish/crawdads - CldBloodedHabits, Fri Dec 7 14:31:08 2012

<< Previous Message:  RE: On feeding crayfish/crawdads - FR, Mon Jul 30 12:58:28 2012