return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Still Looking!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Gray-banded Kingsnakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: ricblair at Mon Jul 30 18:21:55 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by ricblair ]  

Hi everyone. I am living in Chihuahua, Mexico for about 2 years now. I currently sell minerals on eBay in case anyone wants to know what I am up to.

I have been hitting the roads here in Chihuahua when the weather is right. It has been raining a ton here lately. Went out last night and found an Atrox and a Lepidus. I may need some help on the ID. I caught in on the turnoff that go's to Namiquipa about 35 miles North of Chihuahua last night. Then found the snake at about the 27 Kilometer mark. I forgot my camera so I bagged it and I am going to take it back and photo it before I release it. I have also seen a number of pyro's there. They are typical to nice looking pyro pyro. I do not have anyway to post pictures. So if anybody would be up to posting them I could email them to you. Or suggestions are welcome.

I have been hitting the road that goes over the top of the mountain near the Customs or Aduana on the Mexican side, about 20 miles from Presido. 2 1/2 hours from my house in Chihuahua. My timing has been off. I went about a week ago but it had rained the week before. The area looks just like the river road. When I get there I can see it is raining on the other side of the border sometimes, but not near where I am hunting. I would really like to find an alterna here. Anyone else heard of any caught there. Seen leps, black tails, Atrox, Suboc's and the normal stuff from the River Road. Target is grayband and milksnake.

I have also seen trans pecos ratsnakes clear down on the road going to the Santa Eulalia Mining district. Just right by Chihuahua. I am a little Leary going out at night. Do not literally want to loose my head over it. It is pretty bad down here. Lots of crime and murders.

First time I have been on the Alterna Page in years. It gets my adrenaline going reading the stories and looking at the pictures. My I do not keep anything. Just photos. Ric Blair

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  Great to see your still out there - kcarlson, Mon Jul 30 20:36:41 2012
>> Next Message:  RE: Still Looking! - saddleman, Mon Jul 30 23:30:42 2012
>> Next Message:  RE: Still Looking! - jadreptile, Mon Jul 30 23:47:26 2012
>> Next Message:  RE: Still Looking! - Tony D, Wed Aug 1 08:05:03 2012
>> Next Message:  RE: Still Looking! - saddleman, Sat Aug 4 19:06:40 2012