return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: New TPWD Game Warden Director

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Gray-banded Kingsnakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: morulus67 at Tue Aug 28 13:04:46 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by morulus67 ]  

Let me say first that I too admire Chris' ability and efforts and I in no way meant anything ill towards him or that effort. I am, however, fed up with TP&W treating us like criminals and I just think there has been enough a** kissing to the powers that be in Austin over the past 30-40 years. Now if we wanted to run around killing every snake we saw - TP&W would bend over backwards to see that we had the ability to do so like they do by allowing the slaughter of basically every other animal in the the state. Let's see.....did you know that anything in the form of big game that does not occur in Texas can be hunted all year, at night, with spotlights, baited and no limit? Axis, Sika, Blackbucks, Mouflon, Auodad, etc,....You think TP&W checks every Jaycee in Sweetwater to see if they have the non-game stamp and Texas hunting license when they bring in hundreds of atrox for slaughter? No way. Why? MONEY! And PS....I hunt big game.

I did actually call LE in both Del Rio and Austin in regards to these issues. Never heard a word from either of them. And really they did not do anything except take up my time, but they did try to "threaten" me into an illegal search. I never have anything in my truck anyway cause I'm forced to leave it beside the road in the middle of nowhere.

On a funny note.....anyone else recall seeing that black and white dodge pickup truck as you turn onto Juno Rd. off 90? It has only been there since last summer. But the State has time to bother a bunch of people looking for snakes while a stolen/abandoned vehicle just sits along the ROW !

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: New TPWD Game Warden Director - chrish, Sun Aug 26 23:08:48 2012