return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
$50 banner pool - click here

Options, and more options..

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Monitors ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: dekaybrown at Tue Sep 11 00:31:07 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by dekaybrown ]  

They have a burrow network that goes from one end of the box to the next.

I made burrows in the beginning, but they backfilled them better than a professional landscaper.

My bet is they know best where to dig, not me.

Technical data...

all seams are sealed with carpentry grade hot melt glue, the wood is sealed with 5 coats of dutch boy latex floor sealer, the front window is a shower door with rubber gaskets.

Substrate is fully bio active, no turds to clean, the bugs break it down.

Ambient air ranges from 80-100 degrees, basking 147 degrees, humidity between 60% and 88%.

Two basking spots, one up a tree, one at ground level.

All heavy Items are securely bolted down.

and the icing on the cake, the whole box is double walled and stuffed with the insulation I saved from all my Rodent Pro orders over the years.

Had a power failure for almost 24 hours, and the temps never fell below 80.

These kids are thriving better than 99% of the other unfortunate lizards kept in the US.

and just for the hell of it, a 4 foot UVB 5.0 tube in the middle of the cage.

With these conditions, I have 2 bottomless pits that are eating me out of house and home, yet remain slim and fit. Peak growth rate at 1 inch per week.

I say they have a bright future ahead of them.
-----
Regards,
Wayne A. Harvey
Thamnophis US
Savannah Monitors
Snakes and Lizards, It don't get any better....

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Options, and more options.. - FR, Tue Sep 11 10:22:35 2012

<< Previous Message:  RE: Screen thing.. - FR, Mon Sep 10 22:38:04 2012