return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

hr511 explained

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Herp Law Center & Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: rodneynboalich at Thu Sep 27 12:18:51 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by rodneynboalich ]  

there has been much confusion about an email from usark about hr511 and what its doing. usark in their usual lackadaisical approach to explaining legal issues that we dont understand has lead many people think hr511 has passed over another obstacle and is now one step closer to becoming law. that is not the case. what happened on 9/21/12 was nothing more then the result of what happened on 2/28/12. on 2/28/12 hr511 passed The Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security by voice vote. this subcommittee is a subcommittee within the house judiciary committee, which deals with title 18 since hr511 is an amendment to title 18 it went to them. when a bill like hr511 passes a committee and is deemed necessary, by the committee, to move forward there is protocol to be followed. one they have to do a final report and pass the bill to the house for a floor vote or referred to another committee if it falls under their jurisdiction. but before it does that, the congressional budget office must score it. meaning the must do an analysis of the cost of the bill and whether or not there will need to be money and a budget set up for the bills enforcement. here is a link to the cbo's office write up on hr511. http://cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/attachments/hr511.pdf i really wish usark would explain these issues better. iv got a lot of phone calls and fb messages about this issue. and im not the one getting paid $60,000 plus a year to deal with or explain them. like i said before, its important to realize hr511 is not moving forward in the sense that its closer to becoming law. all that happened on 9/21/12 was just that what was needed to be done, as a result of it passing on 2/28/12. those steps are now complete. now i just talked to the clerk at the house judiciary committees office and i asked if the hr511 report was finalized. she said yes and no. yes the report is done but there are some issues with the bill that need dealt with. on 2/28/12 there were two amendments added to the bill and there are other issues, which she didnt go into detail about. now in usarks ambiguous email about hr511 they said and i quote "House Natural Resources (HNR) Committee, where HR 511 will likely receive another hearing." this bill would only go to hnr for two reasons. one being it was referred to them, and two hnr ordered it to come to them becasue they feel they need to take a look at it. hr5ll was not referred to hnr, so its not going there by necessity. i called hnr to see if they have asked to see the bill. the guy i talked to there wasnt sure but told me he doubted that they would ask to see the bill this late in the session. but to be sure he transferred me to hnr's Subcommittee on Fisheries, Wildlife, Oceans and Insular Affairs. this is the committee that hr511 would be going to if it gos to hnr at all. i wanted to find out if hnr has ordered the bill to come to them. im waiting to hear back from them and i will post the information they give me. congress will be back in session on nov 13-16 nov 27-30 and dec3-14. so if hr511 is going to pass it would have to come up for a floor vote and pass one of those days. im very optimistic that this isnt going to happen. theres too many issues with the bill in its current form and just more important issues to be dealt with. i do recommend you watch the hearing of hr511. ill post the link. go about 40 to 45 mins in and thats when they start talking about hr511. its sad to see the amount of misinformation that was used to pass this bill out of committee................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................sincerely yours, rodney boalich aka the guy spreading much misinformation around the internet

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: hr511 explained - rodneynboalich, Thu Sep 27 12:22:47 2012