return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Rosy Boa . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Desert Iguana . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: looking for some help and tough love

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Rainbow Boas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: saagbay at Mon Oct 15 07:24:06 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by saagbay ]  

Dave
I really don't think I have lost the love, I think its more a matter of getting slack or getting lazy, its not that I don't HAVE the time I just haven't been taking the time. Letting myself make unacceptable excuses and procrastinating and I HAVE to stop with that....

like an example; looks like torpaz shed last night ill have to clean his cage when i get home from work... get home... I just got home I wanna relax a bit... ohh supper is ready now ill get in there after that... started watching a movie during supper... and well the movie ends and now I'm falling asleep on the couch... I'll get it in the morning...well morning comes and just like the day before I have to get to work...

I think part of the problem is that I have been spending more time at the TV than at the computer, and that makes a big difference for two reasons; one being the snakes are right next to the computer, two being this forum is on the computer. That's kinda why I'm trying to get back on here to keep the snakes front and center on my mind more often. When I'm watching TV the snakes are way in the back of the house and get lost in the outta sight outta mind mentality. So yes I need a renewed interest, that's why I came back here asking you guys to help me with that, and i honestly think that will just naturally happen as long as I am active here.

I am really not saying all of this to make excuses or make it seem less bad, and believe me none of that is reason to neglect my animals. Those snakes depend on me for food and fresh water and clean living conditions, they can't get it themselves. I am more just explaining the situation to better understand the problem, you cant solve a problem if you don't understand it.
-----
-Stephen-

0.1 Fiance (Babe)
1.0 German Short Haired Pointer (Franklin)

1.0 norm corn (Jake)
1.0 col redtail boa (Dixie)
0.2 ball python (Montie & Bella)
1.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa (Torpaz & Saphira)

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: looking for some help and tough love - brick1, Sun Oct 14 06:15:42 2012