return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: corn X great plains rat

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Rat Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: DMong at Fri Nov 2 16:10:19 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by DMong ]  

"it's really no different then hobby hondos that are a mix of all kinds of things... while they can be cool, it will mess up someones breeding project if they think it's pure and it actually isn't."

Hi Aaron.....

It's actually very different. Could you explain to me how a "Hobby Hondo" could mess up someone's breeding project?...LOL!

Anybody that knows of a source to any genuinely authentic L.t.hondurensis (and already knows the differences and paid far more for it as well) would already know that "Hobby Hondos" are varying percentages of other Latin milk ssp. Therefore they would never intend to breed it to an everyday common Hobby Hondo in the first place if they know what they have is indeed authentic. and if they did they would be complete morons. How else would they know about the other one being authentic if they would be so incredibly stupid as to turn right around and breed an authentic one to a hobby Hondo?.........seriously.

The only damage a Hobby Hondo could ever do to anything now is if someone bred it to another Latin subspecies that was something else altogether and keyed-out as such, or was definitely some other type of snake that they shouldn't have bred it with anyway. Either scenario would be their their own blatant stupidity, and of course the hobby mainstream would have to pay for this ignorance just like all the other countless crosses people produce and get misrepresented down the road.

Also, the OP is talking about doing a hybrid cross intentionally , not out of not knowing they are different right from the beginning or anything pertaining to unknown lineage of the breeders. His example is exactly like if I asked someone on a forum if I could breed my genuinely authentic L.t.abnorma to a Hondo or a pure L.t.polyzona or stuarti, etc... That would be an intentional cross, and a huge catastrophic disaster.

See the difference?.........I sure hope so.

cheers, ~Doug
-----
"a snake in the grass is a GOOD thing"

serpentinespecialties.webs.com

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: corn X great plains rat - AaronBayer, Tue Nov 6 08:55:40 2012

<< Previous Message:  RE: corn X great plains rat - AaronBayer, Tue Oct 30 09:09:37 2012