return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Let's see your snake room!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Milk Snake Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Dniles at Sat Nov 3 07:14:47 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Dniles ]  

I am interested to see how everyone maintains their collection. I recently moved my collection from a spare bedroom down into the basement since I outgrew the spare room and my wife wanted the space for her hobbies!

I have my collection seperated into two rooms: a hot room for my small collection of boas and hatchlings/yearlings that I want to keep feeding during the winter and then my colubrid room where I maintain the adult and subadult colubrids all year long.

Here is the colubrid room. First is a shot of the 15qt and 32 qt racks where most of the NA milks are

Here is the large colubrid racks where I keep my Cosalas, getula and lodingi (yes I have black pine snakes!)

At the edge of the colubrid room is a small mouse colony in an old snake rack that I converted to a mouse rack, a sink and a freezer. The sink was the best addition to the snake room. So convenient.

Here is the hot room and a wall of cages where I keep some boas

And the other side of the room where the hatchings and yearlings are. Oh and there is also a 10 gallon aquarium with an anole and skink. they are dual purpose: cool pets and they are great to scent with!!

I hope you enjoyed. I look forward to seeing what your set ups look like.

Dave

DNS Reptiles - Milk Snakes

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Let's see your snake room! - Jason Nelson, Sun Nov 4 00:53:54 2012
>> Next Message:  RE: Let's see your snake room! - gerryg, Sun Nov 4 13:45:56 2012
>> Next Message:  RE: Let's see your snake room! - BrandonD, Sun Nov 4 17:58:05 2012
>> Next Message:  RE: Let's see your snake room! - Jeff Hardwick, Sun Nov 4 19:55:41 2012 image in post
>> Next Message:  RE: Let's see your snake room! - Tony D, Mon Nov 5 08:24:19 2012 image in post