return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

Year and a half Old Beardy Less Active

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Bearded Dragons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: reptilesrock at Thu Nov 8 17:27:26 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by reptilesrock ]  

Hello fellow beardy keepers,

I have a female beardy, almost a year and a half now. I have her in a 90 gallon enclosure with lots of rocks and climbing branches. She has always eaten like a pig and when her lights come on in the morning, she is usually always right under her basking lamp to warm up for the day.

When I get up to go to work, I put some fresh veggies in her cage for the day and then usually do crickets and worms on the weekends. She would usually eat a fair amount of her veggies, but when I have come home the past few days, she has not even touched them or moved from the spot she slept the night before which is unusual for her. Slightly concerned at this point, that is why I am looking into this now. She has not pooped in a couple days either, and her last bug feeding which she ate well was about 3 days ago. She always pooped every day before.

I am going to get her a nice big piece of cork bark tomorrow for her to hide under, right now she does not really have a den or burrow retreat, but lots of climbing branches. During the day now, she seems to just sit on one of the branches and not move. I was thinking maybe she needs more of a feeling of security, but I also thought of brumation. I thought a year and a half old would be a bit early to start brumating.

What do you all think. I am anxious to hear everyones input and advise.

Thanks

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]