return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

Florida Education/Own Permit?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Indigo Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: sumatai at Tue Nov 27 06:48:58 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by sumatai ]  

Disclaimer - I have contacted Cam Shaw, waiting on reply..

History - owned a trio of Easterns while living in PA in the 90's. Moved to FL in '98. Prior to moving, I was advised to give up my 3 as obtaining permits were more difficult than climbing Mt. Everest, and even if obtained FWS would make my life less than enjoyable. Being the silly monkey I was at the time, I followed the advice and split the trio up amongst friends before I left. Haunts me to the day.

Fastforward - after speaking with a few knowledgable individuals recently, I've been informed that while the process has not changed, it has gone from climbing Mt. Everest to more like climbing, well, a smaller mountain. Add the fact that I am employed by a government run educational institution, the mountain gets smaller.

Question - I used to know exactly where to go for the interstate commerce as well as the FL ownership permit. Upon recent searching, and searching, ....and searching, I found - confusion. For the purposes of "keeping for Educational Presentation" I found this taken from FWS:

"The following checklists should assist you in gathering the information required to apply for an online: migratory bird nest removal , ***scientific collecting (includes educational possession)*** or non Florida Resident Falconry permit ."

If the above is correct, I need to apply for the "scientific collecting" permit? Not because I will be doing any collecting, but it implies that educational possession is covered by the same permit. Yay or nay, am I even in the right neighborhood here?

Thanks for any help.

Dale

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Florida Education/Own Permit? - sumatai, Wed Nov 28 10:04:41 2012