return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

hello all fellow pit fans

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Pine/Bull/Gopher Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: adognamedjack at Fri Feb 1 00:00:42 2013  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by adognamedjack ]  

Hi everyone my name is jeff im from omaha nebraska , I just wanted to come on here and introduce myself.... Ive been reading the forumn and cruising the site for a long time now and am ready for a post. First off alittle about myself. Im a huge pit fan...pretty much all i keep lol. Im a diesel mechanic/service manager and spend most my evenings repairing big trucks. I have a wonderfull wife and two girls... Favorite snake of all time is the louisiana pine followed by the bull snake. I always had a fascination with snakes, but where im from(inner city )there was only garter snakes, still i cought them everyday, measured weighed them and checked theyre health every day for years untill my early teens.... One day my best friend called me histerical and siad "jeff theres a python in my yard"...i bolted out of the house and down the alley faster than the flash to find a huge bullsnake in his yard already ticked off. If you can emagine my excitement finding this in the middle of a big neighborhood very far from any parks or even fields for that matter. I was blown away ( I think i was prolly 12 years old at the time ) anyway i wrangled that beast by hand by myself.... The size, attitude and striking distance were nothing that i'd never seen outside of a book.....i was in love instantly and have ever since loved the pits haha. Fast forward to 2 years ago, i finally settled down and now have a house of my own so mom and pops cant tell me no snakes in the house lol even though the wife doesnt like it...she supports me. Anyway i really dont have any close herp friends and everything I know (or think i know) is from the countless hours of reading and searching pictures.... Soooo This forumn has been a little slow so to keep it going i though i would ask a few questions. First thing i want to know is where do the red phase northen pines really come from. I read somewere "jersey" wich may be but that is in my opinion way to big a place and an abused term....where in jersey? .... Next question, anyone know who keeps them, there pretty high on my want list. Third question what got you into snakes or even pits for that matter? I have so many more but i want to keep it light for now as i have a gabbed enough....hahaha let me know....sorry about the grammer me and my phone are being dumb right now. Also i will post some pics soon. Thanks!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: hello all fellow pit fans - adognamedjack, Sat Feb 2 13:58:03 2013