return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: More like a goody :*)

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Corn Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: JYohe at Sun Feb 3 07:31:08 2013  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by JYohe ]  

azyecs....started by John Albrecht in Baltimore , MD...which you all know, or should, is the town of corn legend Rich Zuchowski....John would get strangely patterned corns from Rich and work on creating a complete pattern ,aka make a zigzag corn...same time Kathy Love was creating Zigzags...same thing only different.....John had some corns that were screaming for the time period....one female was an Aztecy looking female with a reverse okeetee coloration to her...sweet...he wouldn't sell her to me...he promised her to "Dan".......John had some normal aztec looking stuff...and bred these to make amels and normals...turnes out he had some from Zuchowski's new "Mocha" line...a single Mocha female existed at the time....John ended up with hets unknowingly...before we knew it was genetic....so...
John bred for zigzags....and got some cool stuff...normals,amels, and 3 weirdly brown snakes....???...connection was made by me to come buy some snakes...he tealls me about these brown things....asks if I wanted them?....uuuuuugh....yea...ok...surely!!!(what fun stuff huh this was)....went and ended up getting the 3 brown things....which ended up being named lavender by Tim Rainwater a few years later.....Lavender stuck...people liked that name...the term cocoa I used was dumped as well as mocha....I made lavs in 2 years...first time on a table!...cocoa corns...Hamburg...noone cared at all....no sale...another stupid brown snake they said...(yes a woman actually said ""OH look, another brown snakes""(almost as bad as ball pythons "another white snake"...so...I didn't make any the next year....Tim started Lav name...$400 each was obtained and I didn't make any that year.....figures...couldn't sell a new morph for $50 in Pa........so......so...I ended up making white opals and pink opals...no patterns....and selling one of each to Rich, who was in Florida now.....and then obtaining a bunch of "aztecs" from Dan,,,they had better ,consistant patterns than mine,some with full stripes and all....and selling the bst of the bst to Rich also.......

so.....Rich named them Aztecs....(they look like Aztec writings )
Rich named the opals....and Tim started the term lavender....

so this is why aztecs are all started with amel and lavender hets ,and possble hets.....all by chance....

all this started with animals from Rich (aztec,lavender,opal)....and the lav lines all started with one female 'brown' snake...from a single surviving egg....from a clutch , from a female...caught under a bridge.......

.......I need to go herping in Florida.....there gotta be a yellow 'gater out there somewhere...orange?.....

good luck all....!!!
-----
........JY

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  Thanks for the info np - cka, Sun Feb 3 10:08:36 2013

<< Previous Message:  More like a goody :*) - cka, Sun Feb 3 05:36:19 2013