return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Swollen head... any ideas?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Leopard Geckos ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: sbrownie at Sat Mar 23 15:11:51 2013  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by sbrownie ]  

Last summer one of my two leopard geckos started to show some unusual symptoms. She started "winking" a lot, and then her head started to swell on one side and then both. Later we found out her head was swelling with pus. Her appetite all but disappeared and she eventually died.

I still have that other gecko, and two days ago she also started winking. Today her head is swollen. I got another adult gecko a few months ago and now she is doing the winking thing as well.

I had quarantined the first gecko to make sure it didn't spread, and then I sanitized the whole aquarium and supplies. I have the geckos on paper towels and make sure they have access to food daily, usually mealworms. The temps are proper and I sanitize their cage weekly.

What could be causing this, what is this, and is there anything I can do now (besides go to a vet, which I am considering anyway). I just wanted to see if anyone had any insights before I went to the vet.

I wish I could attach pictures, but I have not figured out how to do that on this forum...

Thanks for any input!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

• You Are HereSwollen head... any ideas? - sbrownie, Sat Mar 23 15:11:51 2013

>> Next topic:  Is my gecko poop ok? - GuilhermeSalles, Thu Apr 11 11:05:47 2013
<< Previous topic:  Genetics question - CreepyCrawler, Fri Mar 8 09:08:46 2013