return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Excessive Rubber Boa prices

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Rubber Boas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: BobS at Thu May 2 22:01:21 2013  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by BobS ]  

Wish Oregon wasn't so far away. Lol

The local shows out this way like Hamburg PA and White Plains usually bring an asking price of $45 to $60. The basic novice folks perusing all the snakes are more into the shiny, colorful and "pretty" snakes. Little Rubber Boas are looked over because there's not much out there less interesting to the majority of folks in that category other than DeKays snakes and brown Anoles.

It's the seasoned hobbyist that generally notices them and understands there is beauty in this cute little worm snake. They are drab by Milksnake and Ball Python standards, not impressive and don't generate tons of interest from the folks who see snake breeding as income because they can't be bred in large numbers.

I think they are awesome little guys but I still think prices of $100.00 or more is excessive. To me it's like charging $80.00 for a ho hum Drab Eastern Garter snake or $60.00 for an Anole. You can ask that kind of price and some folks might pay that much but most sensible folks are going to pass.

They lack curb appeal but folks like me are always going to see them as a gem and I like it that way.
-----
"If people are only good because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed." Albert Einstein.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  looking for a rubber boa breeder - bigtyny2, Sun Jun 9 07:23:32 2013
<< Previous topic:  Rubber Boas Breeding - mrkent, Sun Apr 7 17:15:31 2013