return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Awesome set up.............

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Chuckwallas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: tgreb at Thu Jun 13 11:11:49 2013  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by tgreb ]  

Awesome pics and stories Paleo. A little hint as far as the hispidus-It seems like the presence of 2 males really get things going. Some of the breeders I know think that is key. Not that they won't if only one male is around but it really increases the probability. That first male is awesome. I am looking for a female from a locale were the animals stay banded as adults such as that guy. I have a really nice banded male but no female. I don't want to breed him to just any locale.

Did your friend get hybrid eggs? Are you familiar with the Ireteba Mtns? Been there a few times and the chucks and the scenery is absolutley beautiful. I work almost exclusive me with red backs from one locale now. Gave up on the varius and hispidus due to space considerations here in MI. Also gave up on the carrot-tails just because I am tired of the e-mails from people saying I am a poacher and I am breaking the law etc. Tired of explaining myself!

Anyway great stuff! Keep it coming as long as you dont get bored! LOL. Also I think NV has the biggest variation in colors of chucks. Red backs in the extreme south then all sorts of black and brown variation. When I was out there in 200 I went to a locale north of the reange maps where there were cindercones and the chucks were almost entirely black-tails and all. Really cool stuff. I was friends with a guy named Steve Ferrand. He was a commercial collector in NV. Man he took me to some cool spots most of which I wouldn't have a clue how to get to now.

Thanks again for sharing.
Tom

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Awesome set up............. - Paleo, Fri Jun 14 09:01:18 2013

<< Previous Message:  RE: Awesome set up............. - Paleo, Thu Jun 13 09:45:00 2013 image in post