return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: A couple of questions for Jeremy

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Pine/Bull/Gopher Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Jeremy Pierce at Thu Jul 18 12:58:57 2013  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Jeremy Pierce ]  

...continued from previous post...

4. "There are some very interesting characteristics about the "non Stillwater" hypos,and I've been trying to find out more about what we usually call "generic",and,"Trumbower" hypos..."

answer - I have a trumbower hypo that was purchased from KJ and Donn Soderberg. They are a VERY different animal and look nothing like either the Bell line of the Stillwater line. I haven't introduced my trumbower to anything in the line of bulls in question and don't plan on it. I don't want to muddy the waters any more.

5. "there are also some very cool things happening with the Stillwater strain,and I have a Stillwater white-sided that has red eyes."

This is the most exciting thing I've heard yet! It would explain nearly everything. If a Stillwater Ghost has red eyes, that would tell me what this animal is. I've produced Bell ghosts and they look much different than this animal. As of this morning, there were no out and out albinos out of the egg, but there were Hypos, hets, and this "ghost". If I get no albinos out of this clutch, then Jason Nelsons suggestion that my original grandfather ghost was also het for albino is completely plausible. I could see lucking out and getting a pair of het albinos out of a clutch of possible hets, but it would be amazing to pick two pairs.

Thank you very much for posting. I'm hopeful that you've solved it for me. Much appreciated! BTW, how about a pic of that Red eyed whiteside?!?!?!?!?!? I'd love to see that. A red eye with the dark patterning would be sweet!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: A couple of questions for Jeremy - LucasJennings, Thu Jul 18 13:15:37 2013
>> Next Message:  Thanks! (Here's a pic) - Rainshadow, Thu Jul 18 15:15:18 2013 image in post

<< Previous Message:  RE: A couple of questions for Jeremy - Jeremy Pierce, Thu Jul 18 12:50:52 2013