return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
pool banner - $50 year

RE: why do people think the indigo and cribo

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Indigo Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: poison1981 at Sat Jul 27 17:36:41 2013  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by poison1981 ]  

thanks for your honest answer, i am studying vet tech and going to specialize in wildlife probably zoo and wildlife rehab so i took an oath to protect animals so dont think i would dare hurt any animal.

Red tails are small in weight half the weight of the great horned owl which preys on them. Red tails can take six foot rat tails but not always sometimes snakes do turn tables on hawks because choking a raptor is the easiest way to kill it. Great horned owls usually have their way though. Mostly eagles are the expert snake killers that will kill huge snakes as recorded a brown snake eagle took a 10 foot mamba. Depends on the method of the bird of prey attacks. They must tire the snake out or man handle it the right way if not they can get choked by a very small snake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD0KOmg_YQ8 This is a red tail with a bullsnake even though it says eagle lol

The bullsnake is too heavy for the hawk to carry means it weighs more than the hawk. HAppens a lot when BOP hunt snakes. Snakes o a bop is like chicken to a fox.

Minks are the worst snake killers cause there is no way a snake can counter attack them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s6TayHnWS4

Coons I rehab would just smash through anything to get at any snake and eat it alive. The bites dont bother coons, badgers are the same, also fishers. They wont bother killing they will just start chomping on them.

Unless it is a python of course

The only animal i have seen take a large boia is a german shepherd, the boa ate a hen so the owner let their dog tear the snake to beats. The dog just got its head so 500lbs of presure ended the snake. BUT i dont like this and consider that animal cruelty i would have stopped it if i was there.

I have seen eagles kill the mature green tree pythons and the giant monkey eating eagle has gone after half grown retics.

Many creatures drool at the thought of snake which is why also indigo cant just go roaming as it pleases, there is so much danger

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: why do people think the indigo and cribo - DanielsDen, Sat Jul 27 13:01:36 2013