return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

OT for Austin

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Hognose Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FR at Wed Aug 7 11:48:44 2013  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FR ]  

I do think about this term you folks use, "condescending". I have to admit, I do not understand how it occurs, other then, as a scape goat as mentioned below. I am sure that's not always the case.

If you would take the time to think about it, what if, just what if, you had 50 years of continuous colubrid breeding, and I had seven years experience. In this case, breeding indicates supporting what comes natural to animals, and is the minimum requirement to exist.

I would have no concept or way to understand what occurred in those 50 years. All the lessons, all the events, all the problems, and the failures and successes. The learning from 50 years of that exposure.

You could casually say something that you think is normal and I may not have the foggyist idea what you were saying. It would sound "cryptic" to me. There can be no other option, as there are simply too many years difference between us. To many learning events, to many, just to many.

With that said, you(folks) want to be treated as equals, which means, I give you credit to think and contemplate about things written(and not to take it personal), and I give you credit to QUESTION what you do not understand. I give you credit to be equal as people, the question is, are we equal in experience?

I came to this forum to hopefully learn and possibly be of help if wanted. So, maybe you can help me. There is 43 years difference in experience between you and I, So how can I "not be" percieved as condescending? If you can teach me how and still make a point, I would love that. I do not do it intentionally.

I am pretty sure, I am a lost cause with recipe keepers, and their base of learning is being told what to do. Not learn about the animals and then determine what to do.

This is the part where I upset people. Intelligent folks like Troy, are expert at genetics, but do not apply that to the snake. I take exception to that for one reason, its the snakes that we put in the boxes. The genetics should come after we learn whats IN THE BOXES. Best wishes and sorry I offended you. I am also sorry if it offends you Troy. Remember, I said, people like you, not necessarily you as an individual.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: OT for Austin - wohlerswi, Fri Aug 9 17:40:21 2013