return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Part III of III

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Venomous Reptiles ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: deathstalker at Thu Jan 30 11:33:57 2014  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by deathstalker ]  

Holy , these forums are dead! Sorry it's taken me so long to respond; as I may or may not have shared the plans (I didn't go back far enough to catch up on what We were discussing), my girlfriend and I moved to PA on 18 October 2013, and We haven't had internet since. So, We hit up the library every 2-3 weeks when We can, and I have 72 emails left including this, HA! :P

So; quickly...

Indeed; in the right hands, which--relatively speaking, since Hot keepers are the minority within the herpetocultural hobby--We are more responsible* than others who might work with, say, Dart Frogs and Day Geckos.

One-hundred Python regius is a lot...I'd rather use the space for more various genera/species. As for people "hating" Royals in the 80s/early 90s, it's because most (Normal morphs, at least) were WC, and heavily (externally) parasitized. I swear: that was the species with the most ticks I had ever kept (and perhaps the only species with ticks I had ever kept!). And yes; the further back in Time You go (especially 60s/70s), the more dealers and keepers alike were into the newest are rarest species. Then money for "creations" dominated...ugh.

I understand You on the "raped herps" now. Hence, 'moderation' in my previous message. I don't care if it's legal to take 100 eggs in a season; a respectful and Nature-loving dealer would only take 50 (hopefully less), and so on.

Get a snake!! And no kidding; weather is brutal here...quite a flood zone, We hear.

Sincerely,
Timothy

*In regards to responsibility--and it may have seemed like comparing apples and oranges with Hots to Dart Frogs/Day Geckos--it also entails knowledge and research in providing optimum/proper habitats which can, for example, ensure proper sheds = less interaction between specimen(s) and keeper = less chance of bites = responsibility. Id est, Hot keepers better-create environments which result in less health issues.
-----
T.J. Gould

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Venom One Shirts - CharlesSeifert, Sat Feb 22 00:24:26 2014
<< Previous topic:  aspidelaps at Hamburg? - maryann, Mon Sep 2 18:41:43 2013