return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Part 2, right or wrong

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Hognose Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FR at Tue Sep 24 10:12:15 2013  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FR ]  

hahahahahahahaha I have no problem with the people that are all about the people. hahahahahahahahaha
I don't have a problem with them because, its not about them. As you know, those people are everywhere in all walks of life. People are either helpful or not. I choose to try and help. ITs a free country, they can choose whatever they like.
he folks like VanPerry, tend to say, your right BUT! hahahahahahahaha how about saying, your right, and then add to what is right. But they cannot bring themselves to do that.
In the field under harsh conditions, these fine animals are eating like pigs(hahahahahahahaha) breeding like flys, and growing like weeds etc. The point is, PEOPLE say, that captivity is better because we can eliminate all the harsh parts and the predators and the cars that run them over. And give them all the food they can eat and make their cages IDEAL. PERFECT etc.
Yet, all that ideal, lots of food, etc, is extremely rare in captivity. What is common, is marginal everything. In a sense, they keep them in total lockdown and solitary confinement. With the least amount of support. AND CALL THAT GOOD. From my point of view, I simply cannot call little boxes good. Sorry, I see their real homes.
My son is working with Westerns and I am working with Mexicans. He surfs the internet and tells me that most peoples breeders are tiny. The pictures I see confirm that. I do and did ask, and as you see, no one will give a real answer. Why?
Of the wild adults(breeders) I have seen in nature and I have seen a lot, they are 24 to 28 inches. The males, are 20 to 25 inches. And yes, dinky males at 12 inches, will attempt to breed. The problem in nature is, they are competing with the big boys and the results are not so good.
In captivity, shouldn't they be bigger, not smaller, eat better, not worse, etc etc.
Lastly freedom is important, why do people not understand, they are free to change OR NOT. No biggie either way. Not to the people. pt. 1

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Part 2, right or wrong - FR, Tue Sep 24 10:19:28 2013

<< Previous Message:  RE: Part 2, right or wrong - Lance86, Mon Sep 23 20:40:47 2013