return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
$50 banner pool - click here

RE: see here's my beef

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Monitors ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FR at Thu Dec 26 13:35:51 2013  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FR ]  

Hate to tell you, but most if not all zoos, keep larger animals in squeeze cages, including primates, which is sick. I think that's what your talking about, where the outside wall, moves in and pins the animal to the wall. At least they did when I was building zoo exhibits.

Also, I get along fine with keepers who make it about the animals. But as always, there is a certain percentage of people that are not like that. And Please understand, there are people like that in all walks of life.

THis reminds me, when I was building large zoo exhibits, I was exposed to the public for months at a time. As unique as folks want to be. They formed a pattern of remarks, 70% said the exact same thing, then 20% said a different same thing, then 5% were a little different. And a few that were one of a kind. Yet, all thought they were unique. Or working in herp rooms, where in every group, one person tried to read the graphics before the others and then tell the others about the animal in the cage. Which is great except they read the wrong graphics. Cheers

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: see here's my beef - MDFMONITOR, Thu Dec 26 14:02:02 2013

<< Previous Message:  RE: see here's my beef - MDFMONITOR, Thu Dec 26 10:20:01 2013