return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

REart 2, testing

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Hognose Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FR at Tue Jan 21 11:13:19 2014  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FR ]  

You can test anything you want, if it increases the progress, then its good, if it decreases the results, then its not so good. Its easy and fun. But you cannot live in fear. You must have confidence in two things, ONE the animal, and two, in yourself. Basic husbandry is KNOWN, so no one should have to reinvent the wheel. But, there are better wheels. The area between basic care and allowing animals to reach their genetic potential, is huge. My own interests is that, their potential. So that is what I commonly look(test) for.
Results are the key, as you folks ARE keeping animals, results are seen daily, you can't avoid it. If you do something and it increases your results, keep doing it. Its pretty much that simple.
Getting caught up in things that are not important is what holds all of us back. Like chemicals in tuna juice. That is a needless concern. For darn sakes, you only scented a pinky, you don't pour it down their throats(do you?) If tuna works, great, if salmon works, great. Hmmmmmm earthworms, lizards, toads, baby birds, yolk, etc all work too.
But as Gregg states, mice work the best, that is, it results in superior results. But that does not mean, you cannot have fun. The sooner you get them taking pinks/rodents, the better change your animal has of achieving superior results. If that's what your interested in. So Austin, test fish, I would love to see your results, Will, prove out some new husbandry methods, I would love to see what you come up with.
All in all, I am with Gregg on this one, first establish husbandry where these temporary fixes are not required, then have a ball testing anything you like, healthy hogs will not fail easily, you would pretty much have to beat them to death.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Using Bait Fish as Food - FR, Tue Jan 21 10:55:17 2014