at Sun Feb 2 23:51:03 2014 [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by kenthesnakeguy ]
I'm the ugliest lady you'd ever want to see.
That aside, it turned into a thread about pushers when you advocated power feeding your snakes and breeding them too early.
1: There's no such thing as power feeding. Also I gave you an example of one animal. You are dangerously close to slander and libel.
2. Who are "We"?
3. How dare you claim I don't practice proper husbandry. You don't even know me. I've been in the Herpetological hobby for over 25 years! I've produced generations of colubrids, lizards, and boids! I have an acknowledgment for my work in genetics in Kathy Love's book on Cornsnakes. What have you done?
We know what HUSBANDRY means, and we all now no that you don't practice it properly. We also know what METABOLISM is and now know that you manipulate it in your snakes.
4. You don't know . Your attack on me proves it. I tried to help you.
We chose to keep and breed healthy snakes, you like to powerfeed and overbreed yours. Like you said, the choice is ours, we choose to do what's best for the snake.
5. Overbreed? You never asked about my breeding techniques.
6. How many species have you bred? How many generations?
Asking a question of what a yearling corn snake should eat was best answered by those who take care of their snakes in a sensible and healthy matter.
7. No it wasn't.
The question wasn't "What kind of prey items can I give my grossly over-fed cornsnake when it gets to a year old, even if I have grossly shortened its life span by breeding it at 9 months old"
8. What the are you talking about? Obviously you haven't bred cornsnakes, or anything for that matter. I gave one example trying to show you the metabolic rate of Pantherophis and you're trying to tell me I'm killing a animal?
Most breeders wait until the snake is at least 3 to 4 years old. Breeding one at 9 months is absolutely disgusting.
9. You know ABSOLUTELY nothing about herpetology, husbandry, or breeding.
[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]